Sunday, August 14, 2016

Please welcome new contributor John Klapheke!


Hello everyone!  My name is John (aka BrickBuilder7622), and I am the newest writer for The Brick Bucket.  I am honored to be able to contribute to this awesome blog alongside some wonderful and very talented LEGO® fans.

My LEGO® experience really has been something of a journey.  Getting my first Duplo set when I was about three or four, I've always been fascinated with assembling and designing things.  I upgraded to the normal LEGO® System bricks a year or so later.  But it was not until I was about fourteen or so that I began to truly appreciate all the possibilities for the wonderful interlocking brick system. 

That was around the time that I started MOCing.  Since then, it's pretty much been a non-stop roller coaster of only good times and meeting a lot of great people.  I was fortunate enough to have won a competition hosted by the LEGO® Group back in July of 2014, and I have been nominated twice at BrickWorld for Best Sea Vessel. I've also been blogged several times, and have even been commissioned to build a MOC.

My personal theory behind the hobby of building, blogging, and working with LEGO® is that the builder can make anything that they want.  The sky truly is the limit.  This ability to take an idea, a concept from the imagination, and transpose it to a 3D medium is amazing.  I don’t restrict myself just to building with LEGO®; I also like to render objects and models using a computer, and I am about to embark on the journey of drawing and improving my artistic skills.

Well, that’s about it for me intro-wise.  If you would like to see my works, please check out my Flickr, as well as my personal website (dedicated to LEGO® builds).

Stay creative!  Cheers and ciao.

- John Klapheke

No comments: