Saturday, April 23, 2016

The hanging tree

vitreolum has been working on a series of vignettes showcasing popular horror movie scenes. He started with The Exorcist and Scream; his third installment is this scene from Witchfinder General, which I have not seen but seems like a pretty messed up film. 
This is one of the most organic brick-built trees I've seen in a while, I think because of the combination of curved and straight-edged slopes and the textured slope at its base. The other thing that caught my eye was the SNOT construction used on the grass under the tree - the curves of the grass and the stone path fit perfectly together, something not easy to achieve. Overall this is a very well-built vignette, maybe my favorite of the year so far! 

You can follow the continuing horror vignette series here

No comments: