Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Badshahi Mosque

Not too long ago Andrew of The Brothers Brick wrote a post in which he stated that "the world needs more LEGO mosques," citing a lack of Islamic architecture in LEGO in the last several years. Since then, I actually have being seeing a fair few examples of Islamic styles in my Flickr feed (and a look through The Brick Bucket's archives will reveal previous posts containing these types of MOCs). It's one of my personal favorite architectural styles and I've been thinking about trying a hand at building it myself. 

No doubt I can credit some ideas to jsnyder002, who constructed this excellent model of the Badshahi Mosque in Lahore, Pakistan. The complex building techniques and intricate designs make this model more interesting the more you look, so once you're satisfied with the picture here, hop on over to the builder's blog Brickbuilt for more. 
Just look at all the fantastic implementation of SNOT building and part usages like the flowers, unicorn horns, and cheese slopes and tiles built into the walls. This MOC is a great example of the intersection of LEGO and art. 

No comments: