Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Baby turtle appreciation post

While scrolling through some reviews over on New Elementary (great site by the way...go check it out), I came upon Tim Goddard's review of the Creator set 31031 Rainforest Animals. In typical fashion, Tim built some alternate models using the set's parts after he'd finished the review. He made a very nice seahorse but what really caught my eye was this adorable baby sea turtle: 
The set contains a plentiful amount of curved slopes, so with some clever usage of mini ball joints to add shaping, the elegant curves on this model weren't hard to construct. The Rainforest Animals set has actually been on my "to buy" list for a while, so maybe I'll go pick one up and construct one or two of these little turtles for my desk. This build may be small but it's actually one of the nicer creations I've seen in a while. 

No comments: